Register to Vote

Registering to vote and keeping your registration up-to-date are the best ways that you can ensure a great voting experience in Johnson County. 

Whether you are registering to vote for the very first time, or simply need to make a change (name, address, party, etc.) to your current registration, the Voter Registration Application is your best choice. All you need to do is fill out the application, sign it and send it to the election office.

You can submit your application in one of these convenient ways: 

Online Voter Registration

You may also submit your voter registration online if you have a valid Kansas driver’s license or nondriver’s identification card. Online voter registration is possible through a statewide partnership with the Kansas Department of Revenue. 

You may register to vote at any time. However, voter registration always closes 21 days prior to an Election Day. Applications must be postmarked no later than the 21st day prior to any election to be eligible to vote.

Requirements for registration

To be a registered voter in Johnson County you must:

  • Be a United States citizen
  • Be a resident of Johnson County
  • Have reached the age of 18 years of age on or before the next election

Where can I register to vote?

Kansas provides many options for registration including an online option for those with a valid Kansas driver’s license or nondrivers identification card. If you would prefer to submit your application in person, you can do so at the Johnson County Election Office at 2101 East Kansas City Road, Olathe, KS 66061

Residents may register to vote at one of the following Voter Registration Sites you can find here.

Registration Resources

Am I registered to vote?

You may verify your registration status through VoterView, a service provided by the Kansas Secretary of State. Please note that you must search with the exact name that you provided when registering to vote. Searching for Bill Smith will not find your registration information if you are registered as William Smith.

If you are unable to view your registration information through VoterView, please call our office at (913) 715-6800 to confirm your registration details.

Party Affiliation Changes

Kansas law (K.S.A 25-3304) prohibits party changes from noon on June 1 through August 31. This includes changing from one party to another or changing from being affiliated with a party to being an unaffiliated voter. 

Any party changes submitted during this time will be rejected. If you still wish to change your party affiliation after the August Primary Election, you will need to resubmit another voter registration application on or after September 1.