Shall the following be adopted?
Shall the City of Mission, Kansas be authorized to: (1) renew the citywide retailers’ sales tax currently imposed at three-eighths percent (3/8%) (the “Sales Tax”), the proceeds of which shall be used only to finance the costs of the acquiring, constructing, improving and equipping parks and recreational facilities and related appurtenances thereto (the “Project”) and paying costs of operation and maintenance of the Project; the collection of such Sales Tax to commence on April 1, 2023, or as soon thereafter as may be permitted by law, and shall terminate ten years after the commencement; and (2) issue sales tax revenue and/or general obligation bonds to pay the costs of the Project and associated interest costs on such bonds during construction of the Project and payment of bond issuance costs; all pursuant to K.S.A. 10-101 et seq., K.S.A. 12-187 et seq., and K.S.A. 25-431 et seq., as amended?
Ballot Drop Box Locations
Ballot drop boxes will be available at the following locations for voters to deposit their ballots:
Johnson County Election Office
2101 E Kansas City Rd
Olathe, KS 66061
Johnson County Northeast Offices
6000 Lamar Ave
Mission, Kansas 66202
- Monday, August 15, 2022: Registration deadline to automatically receive a ballot by mail for the election
- Tuesday, August 30, 2022: Last day to register to vote and apply for a ballot (if not registered by May 23)
- Wednesday, August 31, 2022: Ballots begin mailing to eligible voters
- Friday, September 16, 2022: Last day to mail a replacement ballot (application required)
- Tuesday, September 20, 2022: Election Day, ballots must be received by noon
- Tuesday, September 27, 2022: Meeting of the Board of County Canvassers to review provisional ballots and certify election