Note: The purpose of the Primary Election is to narrow down the list of candidates that will be on the General Election ballot in November. The only candidates elected to office in this election will be precinct committee persons for each party.
Election of National Officials
- U.S. Senate - 6 Year Term
- U.S. Representative - 2 Year Term
Election of State Officials
- Governor/Lieutenant Governor - 4 Year Term
- Secretary of State - 4 Year Term
- Attorney General - 4 Year Term
- State Treasurer - 4 Year Term
- Commissioner of Insurance - 4 Year Term
- State Representatives - Districts 5, 8, 14 - 30, 39, 43, 48, 49, 78,108,117, 121 - 2 Year Term*
- State Board of Education - Districts 1, 3 - 4 Year Term*
Candidates for the offices listed above must file their paperwork at the Secretary of State's Office in Topeka.
*Legislative districts are currently being drawn by the state legislature. Numbers are subject to change before the election.
Election of County Officials, City Officials and Township Officials
- County Commission Chairman - 4 Year Term (nonpartisan)
- County Commissioner - Districts 1, 4, 5 - 4 Year Term (nonpartisan)**
- Prairie Village - Mayor - 4 Year term (nonpartisan)**
- Township Clerk - 4 Year Term
- Precinct Committeeman - 2 Year Term
- Precinct Committeewoman - 2 Year Term
- Constitutional Amendment
**Nonpartisan contest that has not yet received the required number of candidates to require a primary election.
Candidates for the local offices listed above must file their paperwork at the Johnson County Election Office.