ID required for all voters
Alert! New Kansas Voting Laws as of January 1, 2012
- Got Photo ID? You’ll need to show it every time you vote at the polls.
- Voting by Mail? Application must include your full driver’s license number or copy of photo ID.
- Registering to vote (or making a change)? New deadline is 21 days before any election.
Photo ID is required for voting
Valid forms of ID:
- Current driver’s license issued by Kansas or another state
- State identification card issued by Kansas or another state
- Concealed carry of handgun license issued by Kansas or another state
- U.S. passport
- Employee badge or identification document issued by a government agency
- U.S. military identification
- Student identification card issued by an accredited postsecondary institution of education in Kansas
- Public assistance identification card issued by a government agency
- Voters age 65 and over may use expired documents for identification
- Those in military service overseas
- Persons with a religious objection (required Declaration of Religious Objection form)
If no other form of ID is available, apply in person for a Kansas identification card for voter identification at either DMV office in Johnson County, Tuesday thru Friday – 7a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
ID Card Fee Waiver (PDF)
- 6507 Johnson Drive, Mission – phone 913-432-2266.
- 20162 W. 151st Street, Olathe – phone 913-829-2501.
Note: Driver's License Bureau is inside the Home & Hobby Entrance located at the northeast corner of the mall.
The name on your identification must match the name on your voter registration. Click to check your registration: https://voter.jocoelection.org
A single form allows you to register or make changes, including name, address or party affiliation. Click to download the application, complete it and return it to our office. http://www.jocoelection.org/voters/VoterRegistration.htm
Voting By Mail
Identification for advance ballots sent by mail – Voters who request advance ballots by mail must submit either their driver’s license numbers or copies of photographic identification documents with their advance application.
Registration Deadline is Earlier
Voter registration applications must be received or postmarked by the 21st day prior to the election to be eligible to vote in that election. When an application is received or postmarked after the deadline, the voter is registered for succeeding elections.
Last Updated: February 17, 2012 10:16 AM