Elected Officials Directory
When Elections are held
General Elections for city, school, community college, water district and drainage district officials are held the first Tuesday in April in odd numbered years. A few cities have additional elections in even numbered years. If necessary, primaries are held five weeks prior to the general election.
National, State, and County General Elections are held the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November in even numbered years. Primary Elections are held on the first Tuesday in August in even numbered years.
Terms of Office
- National candidates' terms begin in January.
- State candidates' terms begin the second Monday in January. (KSA 25-4001)
- County candidates' terms begin the second Monday in January. (KSA 25-313)
- City candidates' terms begin with and include the first regular meeting of the governing body following certification of the election. (KSA 25-2120)
- School Board Members' terms begin July 1. (KSA 25-2023)
- Water District Board Members' terms begin May 1. (KSA 19-3505)
Last updated: September 8, 2015 11:36 AM