National and State Outreach
Johnson County Election Office is recognized nationwide for leadership
in the election process.
The Election Office welcomes election officials from other jurisdiction to observe processes and procedures implemented by our office.
Guests, presentations and activities are listed below by year.
2006 National and State Outreach
Election Officials and staff members from other Election Offices
- Los Angeles County, California
- Los Angeles City, California
- Long Beach, California
- Sampete County, Utah
- Carbon County, Utah
- Northeast Kansas Officials Spring Meeting of the Kansas County Clerks and Election Officials Association (KCCEOA)
- KCCEOA 2006 Conference and CEO HAVA Training
2005 National and State Outreach
Guests from other Election Offices
- Montgomery County, Ohio
- King County, Washington
- Salt Lake County, Utah
- Miami County, Kansas
- Wyandotte County, Kansas
- Shawnee County, Kansas
- Kansas City Election Board, Missouri
The Election Office hosted a team from the Federal General Accountability Office as part of a survey of selected counties throughout the nation related to the November 2004 Presidential Election. Staff members provided documentation and answered questions from team members on all aspects of the election process, including:
- Election statutes, policies and procedures
- Registration System documentation and procedures
- Voting System documentation and procedures
- Samples of ballots
- Poll worker instruction and training manual
- Voter education materials
- Election Day implementation of all processes and procedures
2004 National and State Outreach
- Members of the State Department and a number of international visitors toured the Johnson County Election Office in 2004 and viewed the election process.
- Election Officials from various Kansas counties participated in the
election worker training sessions in Johnson County. Election officials
attending County, Carol Maggard of Marion County, Nadine Buell of Chase County,
and Rich Vargo of Riley County.
- Gracia Hillman, Vice Chair of federal Election Assistance Commission
and Sharon Turner Buie, Director of Elections for Kansas City, Missouri, toured
the Johnson County Election Office and viewed the election process.
- Virginia Electoral Board Association Annual Meeting - "Securing Voting
- Sharon Turner Buie, Director of Kansas City Missouri Board of Elections,
and two staff members participated as students in Johnson County Election
- Election Center's Special Workshop - "Installing a New Voting System.
Connie Schmidt presented sessions on "Managing the Contract, Records
Management and Inventory Control"; "Security and Accountability - Developing
an Audit Trail" and "Certification of Software and Hardware".
- Sedgwick County Election Officials tour of Johnson County Election
- Election Center / NASED / Election Officials meeting with U.S. Election
Assistance Commission Commissioners
- Joint Election Officials Liaison Committee
- Iowa State Election Administrators Training - "Implementing a New Voting
- MoKan 20/20 Student Government Day for Johnson County and Wyandotte County - "Importance of Voting - Your Vote Does Count"
2003 National and State Outreach
- Federal Election Commission - Voting Systems Standards Board Meetings
- The Election Center - Seminar - HAVA (Help America Vote Act)
- Iowa State Election Officials Conference - "Implementing a Touch Screen
- The Election Center Seminar - "Election Worker Training - New Voting
- State of Kansas HAVA Advisory Council Meeting
- Kansas Association of County Clerks and Election Officials - Education
- The Election Center - National HAVA Advisory Board Conference
- Endacott Society, University of Kansas - "Pros and Cons of Electronic
- New York State Board of Elections - "Election Worker Training - New
- Kansas Association of County Clerks and Election Officials - "Managing
- State of Kansas HAVA Advisory Council Meetings
- ADA Symposium 2003, Kansas City, Missouri - "Implementing Accessible
- Colorado State Election Voting Systems
- The Election Center - National Conference - "Installing a New Voting
- The Election Center - National Conference - "How to Become a Certified Elections Registration Administrator"
Last Updated: March 10, 2010 11:31 AM